For inquiries please specify the nature of your inquiry in the "Message" section.
Soldier Center, Clarksville, TN - founded by E. C. Hurley, PhD - is recognized as an EMDR treatment and training center as listed in "EMDR: The breakthrough therapy for overcoming anxiety, stress, and trauma" by Shapiro, F., & Forrest, M. (2016) 2nd Edition, p. 270.
We provide EMDR basic and advanced professional trainings. All our staff are full-time therapists who specialize in providing EMDR therapy. When Dr. Hurley is not providing EMDR training he is either consulting or in the treatment room. In addition to weekly sessions, we provide EMDR daily intensive treatment. Our clients travel from through out the U.S. to utilize our treatment programs including military personnel referred for our intense EMDR therapy from Alaska to the Carolinas and Texas to New York.
We provide opportunities for you to develop your EMDR clinical skills with programs ranging from EMDR basic trainings, EMDR advanced trainings, consultation, and externships
We not only train you in EMDR basic training - we offer opportunites for your continued skill development.
April 13-14, 2019 open to EMDR trained mental health professionals
Our location in Clarksville, TN
We are here - for your training, consultation and future clinical skill
development in EMDR therapy. While our admin staff maintain the business
administrative apects of our work - our therapists work from their offices
at home during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We offer EMDR basic and advanced trainings, consultation, and
externship opportunities for therapists to advance their clinical skills.
PParticipants are required to complete the following webinars or
- Treating Acute Stress, PTSD and Complex PTSD with EMDR Therapy
- EMDR Therapy in the Treatment of Active Military and Veterans with EMDR Therapy:
Clinial Applications (Book: A Clinicians Guide for Treating Active Military and Veteran
Populations, Springer Publishing)
- EMDR Therapy in the Treatment of Active Military and Veterans: Spedial Topics
- Attachment in War: the bonding of soldiers in combat
- The Veteran Family and PTSD
- Treating Adults Abused as Children
- Treating Veterans with Shame, Guild and Moral Injury
- Addressing Dissociation and Suicidality among Military and Veteran Populations
- Learn and demonstrate advanced clinical skills in treating military and veteran populations.
Learn the basics of EMDR therapy from your own location
You can learn EMDR Basic or Advance Your EMDR Clinical Skills with our online programs.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic all EMDR Basic Trainings are
being offered online.
Dr. Hurley is an EMDRIA Approved Trainer and an EMDR Institute
EMDR Basic Training (online) - scheduled following the upcoming holidays.
Includes two additional courses in this training package:
- Using EMDR therapy via telehealth
- Introduction to psychotraumatology
EMDR found to be the most effective treatment for PTSD among 11 treatment models.